Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Asher's Green Beans



My little boy was born 5 weeks early and over a year later he is still a tiny guy.  He's almost 14 months old and he still wears 6/9 month clothes and only weights 15 1/2 lbs.  His doctor told me to feed him lots of vegetables smothered in tons of REAL butter.  '

My little guy has always loved green bean baby food and canned green beans.  He's not much of a fan of fresh green beans and I think that's because they're usually still pretty crunchy and he's really big on texture.  He likes his veggies mushy.  I decided to cook him some green beans similar to the way I cook my corn on the cob.  He ate so many I'm betting he'll be pooping green all day today. 

Asher's Green Beans

3 cups of fresh green beans
2 tablespoons of salted butter
3 cups of water

  • Cover beans with water in a sauce pan
  • Stir in butter
  • Steam for 45 minutes, until beans are really tender
  • Salt and pepper to your taste 

No comments:

Post a Comment