Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 17, 2015

Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos



Last night's dinner was pretty yummy. I made Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos, corn on the cob, Parmesan Broccoli, Spanish Rice and heated up a can of pinto beans for my oldest.  Everything turned out pretty good.  The taquitos were definitely the star of the show.  

My daughter loved them.  She ate two which is a big deal for her.  If she takes seconds, you know it was good.  My son ate a few bites of the chicken and he didn't spit it out, so that's good.  My husband didn't eat any and I thought they were freaking fantastic.  

I have a standard shredded chicken recipe that I use for anything that calls from shredded chicken.  You just put 4 chicken breasts in a crockpot and a jar of salsa and cook on low for 8 hours.  It goes good in anything.  I use it for tacos, or enchiladas, or even shredded chicken sandwiches.  It's moist and the chicken just falls apart. 


Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos 
2 chicken breasts
Half of a jar of Pace Picante Salsa
8 ounces of cream cheese
12 small flour tortillas 

  •  Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Put chicken in a baking dish and cover with salsa.  Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. 
  • Shredded chicken with two forks.  It should fall apart easily and soak up all of the juices.  Mix with the cream cheese. 
  • Adjust oven to 425 degrees
  • Put two tablespoons of chicken across a tortilla and roll it up.  Do this until all of the tortillas are filled.  I had chicken leftover (I made tortilla soup with it) 
  • Bake for another 15-20 minutes. 
This taquitos were so creamy and crunchy.  I will definitely make them again and again. 

Here's what our dinner looked like.  




No comments:

Post a Comment