Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 20, 2015

Cheesy Spanish Rice


I am not a fan of most Spanish rice serve in Mexican restaurants.  To me it's very bland and very, very dry.  The base for this recipe is my best friend Rachel's mom's recipe.  She's from Mexico.  The rice so was moist and so fluffy when Rachel made it for me, so I've take her recipe and gone from there.  Cheese makes everything taste better.  I used chick broth instead of water, because I think it adds a lot more flavor to it.  This rice is seriously good, even if you left the cheese off of it. 

Spanish Rice
1 cup of long grain white rice 
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons of butter 

  • Melt two tablespoons of butter 
  • Stir rice in to the melted butter and cook for 2-3 minutes.  Don't let it get too brown. 
  • Stir in the tomato sauce 
  • Stir in the chicken brother
  • Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. 
  • Sprinkle with shredded cheese, cover until cheese is melted 

No comments:

Post a Comment